This statement (and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which Robert Hutchinson trading as The Authentic Life Company (The Authentic Life Company) handles personal in formation in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 (Regulations)
We recognise that the correct and lawful processing of personal data is important and integral to our successful operation and to maintain the trust of the people we deal with. Personal data in this notice means ‘personal data’ as defined in the regulations.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED AND THE LEGAL BASIS ON WHICH IT IS USED
We may use your information to:
- send you our newsletters from time to time
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- notify you about changes to our service
The above list is not exhaustive. The Authentic Life Company holds and procures your data for the purpose of marketing the services to you provided you have not opted out of receiving such communication. The Authentic Life Company will hold and process your data for as long as it remains pertinent to market our services to you in accordance with our retention policy.
The Authentic Life Company, as data controller, will be processing data in accordance with its legitimate interest. We will therefore hold and process your data on this basis. You may object to the processing of your personal data on this basis and opt-out at any time by contacting email@example.com.
The Authentic Life Company will fully respect your rights under the Regulations including:
- You have the right to make a subject access request which may be free of charge and which be made electronically
- You have the right to make a subject access request to verify the lawfulness of the processing we carry out
- We will respond to your subject access request within one month of you making it
- You have the right to withdraw consent to the use of your data and ask for your data to be erased
- You have the right to withhold personal data if disclosure would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others
- You may obtain your personal information from us, except in limited circumstances
- You have the right to complain to the supervisory authority (Information Commissions Office) whose contact details are set out below
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. We take your privacy very seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, processed and/or stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Please note that if you click on, or follow, any links from our site to external websites, our privacy notice will no longer apply. Please check the privacy policies of any such external site before submitting any personal data, as we cannot accept any responsibility or liability in relation to them.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985) and also to third parties in the following circumstances: –
- to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets;
- if we are required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The Authentic Life Company will never sell your data or otherwise share your data with other third parties.
All complaints of dissatisfaction should be made in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Without prejudice to any judicial administrative remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), if you consider that the procurement of your personal data infringes the principles of the Regulations.
Their address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office